I’m humbled to share that my dear blogging sister Liz at Plunge Deep Climb Steep nominated Free Indeed for the Blogger Recognition Award. One of the unexpected blessings of blogging has been joining a wonderful community of women proclaiming the Gospel with online writing ministries.
I’ve experienced incredible encouragement and fellowship with these godly bloggers from across the USA, and have been sharpened by their insights from Scripture and reflections on biblical living.
See some of my dear blogging friends below, who I heartily recommend. As a part of the award, I also have to share a little about Free Indeed.
About My Blog
Since high school I have been writing online, but that beginning was a far cry my blogging mission today. As a newer believer I was still a little misguided about the ways of the world and still struggling with perfectionism. Looking back, I praise God for growing me from a lost, philosophical poet to a wife and mom hoping to declare the wonders of His glory.
Years later, after giving birth to my daughter and becoming a stay-at-home mom, I started to consider how I could minister to other women remotely while also exercising my love for the written word. In January I decided to return to the old blog of my teen years and revamp it into a site that would provide devotional content completely about God’s Word.
Everyday I’m so thankful for how the Lord is using Free Indeed to uplift Christian ladies around the globe. In the end it is not about me, but about the amazing power of Christ to set us free from sin and give us a higher calling as wives, moms, and servants of the Kingdom!
Advice to New Bloggers
- Pray for your readers! Pray before you write, pray before each email newsletter to subscribers, faithfully pray for those who comment. Keeping the lives of your dear sisters coming to your site in mind helps you to serve rather than be preoccupied with your own glory.
- Stick to Scripture. You have the creative license on what you write and how you convey it, but always check your motivations in writing and the backbone of your message – does it exalt Christ? Does it equip or inspire the reader to live to the glory of God? Maybe you blog on practical or not explicitly Christian topics, but use your words to uplift and instruct the audience, so that they seek to obey and worship God in what they think and do.
My Blogger Nominations
- Diana at dianasdiaries.com – Diana has been such a sweet sister in Christ during my blogging journey, and faithfully looks to honor the Lord in her writing. Her posts are super practical for living out one’s faith, with each one coming alongside you to point you to God’s sufficiency in all things.
- Sue at mamaofthreeboys.com – With a variety of articles on motherhood, marriage, and faith, Sue always gives beautiful pieces of wisdom for the Christian woman to fulfill her calling in Christ. She also runs a FB group that is such a blessing to be a part of!
- Lois at livenourished.net – After an opportunity to guest post on Lois’s blog I’ve grown to admire her heart for reaching the lost and exhorting believers. Her articles on evangelism are much needed and her devotionals spot on. She’s been another blogging buddy that I’m so thankful for.
- Elizabeth at whatmamaknows.com – I love Elizabeth’s reflections on motherhood through a biblical lens. Her Bible studies and posts highlight the beauty of being a mom.
- Lara at renewedintruth.com – I’ve recently come to know her blog, but I appreciate Lara’s desire to counsel women with sound teaching and give them tools to study Scripture. I’m excited to see more of her writing!
Guidelines for the Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show a photo of your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let your nominees know you nominated them. Be sure to provide a link to the post you created in the comment.
Dani, I am humbled by this amazing recognition. Thank you so much award. I was thinking of this verse from Luke 6:23(ESV) ,Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven, and imagining of the reward that awaits God’s faithful children. What a day that shall be !
I am so glad I met you virtually ,Dani.
May the God of peace ever cover you and your family in the days to come
Dani Munoz says
I’m so glad I “met” you too! And love the verse – may we continue to faithfully please God through our blogs and store up treasures in heaven.
Dayle C says
I would like to share alittle of my experience with God and you all. I am an Only child, mother raised me by herself. One time I was lonley and we leave near a presbyterian church. I ran there in foot out of desperation because I missed having my father in my life. I kneeled down and paryed it was kinda windy night at around 1o pm. Once i was at the Climax of my Prayer the wind was violent like as if I struggled to get the prayer out and my feelings. I felt really scared because my eyes were closed. I left out of there that night a better person, even overcame a drug addition. That was several years ago. Now recently we moved into a new Condo. The tree outside has the face of a Lion, the face of GOD. If you can google a Lion face then that is what is currently o nthe tree, almost burned in. Now when I think of Jesus Christ. I hear a very big Laugh. Not a bad laugh, more of a Victorius laugh, like a Super hero. His laugh has words in it. He is showing you the proof of After Life and his Laugh shows he has beaten Evil and has over come Death. His Laugh shows he is King. When I prey I see the face of Jesus and followed by the Heroic Laugh. To end all this, I begged Jesus to show my Mother Mercy and let her Live long as she is a senior and struggles. Since then he has never broken that promise. Thank you Jesus for showing me Proof and answering what my Heart was seeking. And that was you. Thank you Jesus Christ, The Holy Father and the Holy Ghost. The Trinity. Amen!
Lara d'Entremont says
Thank you so much Dani! I’m humbled and so surprised! Your words are such an encouragement to me. To God be the glory! <3
Dani Munoz says
You’re welcome Lara! It was so refreshing to find a blog by a young woman so rooted in truth. And amen, Soli Deo Gloria!
Aww thanks sweet sister for this award:) I would of nominated you if the tables were turned 🙂 I have grown so fond of your blog and of you personally . I praise God for letting us meet virtually, God willing we will meet in person one day!
Dani Munoz says
Yes, praise God for giving us such sweet fellowship as believing bloggers! Keep on sharing His grace and truth, and I can’t wait to meet you too! 🙂
Tina l Totetally Legal says
You are such an inspiration, Danielle! To God be the glory!