This contains affiliate links.
For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. Song of Solomon 2:11-12
Spring is such a sweet time of year, because it physically brings to mind the new life God has given us in Christ! Celebrate this season with your family with these three ideas.
1. Declutter your hearts and home with a FUN Spring Cleaning Day!
Yes, I said fun! We can look at spring cleaning with dread, or we can choose to embrace newness and rebirth by cleansing our abode and showing generosity to others. The attitude you hold in this reflects to your husband and kids, so make it a joyful event!
Steps to motivate everyone:
- Meditate on these verses before you start: 2 Corinthians 5:17 Isaiah 43:18-19 Hosea 6:3
- Blast worship music or your family’s favorite genre (ours is Spanish salsa!)
- Put the baby in a carrier and assign older family members certain rooms. Make a friendly competition—the winners selected based off quickest completion and best quality work! Bake up or buy some cookies as a sweet incentive. Also see next step.
- Take before and after photos, either to judge the before mentioned idea, or to use next time you need encouragement to clean.
- Go as a family to donate unneeded items to Rescue Missions or homeless shelters.
2. Brighten your home with floral Scripture art!
Move from warm, dark winter hues with vibrant, nature-oriented decor! I absolutely adore flowers—and see them as one of God’s most delightful creations. Sometimes my husband and I venture out to local botanical gardens to enjoy the blossoms and blooms (usually a free or low-cost date idea!).
During these trips I take photos, and I’ve included a FREE floral printable of mine for you to print out and frame (see sign up at end of post).
I also love the Spring Collection from Dayspring, filled with decorations that both splash happy colors onto your walls and surround your family with God’s word. I recently received a cross for review, and am thrilled to hang them up this Easter season!
She Is Clothed With Strength and Dignity Cross
This is inspiring for female family members and pretty piece to place in the kitchen to add to the floral theme of Spring. It has a very rustic, wooden plank texture, and would fit a more relaxed or country-themed space.
3. Finally, encourage others with hospitality this bright season!
Too often we think hospitality has to be a fancy Pinterest feast, but this isn’t true! Hospitality can be as simple as inviting a young couple for brunch after church, hosting a game night with other families, or planning a potluck BBQ with neighbors in the backyard.
Rather than let the prep for hospitality overwhelm you, remember that God has commanded to do it joyfully. It is a way to honor the Lord and share about Christ’s amazing sacrifice and resurrection with others!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Hospitality is less about impressing, and more about blessing those around you. ” quote=”Hospitality is less about impressing, and more about blessing those around you. “]
I want to live out these verses:
Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. 1 Peter 4:9
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Romans 12:13
Will you join me?
To encourage your heart for hospitality I’m giving away a FREE copy of Just Open the Door by Jen Schmidt! With warm stories and inspiring suggestions, Jen shares about the amazing work God can do when we share our homes with compassion.
To a second winner I’m also giving away a FREE copy of my next Bible Study coming Summer 2018: Biblical Womanhood Defined!
Giveaway ends April 10th! Must live in the U.S. to enter for shipping purposes.
To enter please take this brief survey on biblical womanhood!