This contains affiliate links.
Spring is such a sweet time of year, because it physically brings to mind the new life God has given us in Christ! Celebrate this season with your family with these three ideas.
For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. Song of Solomon 2:11-12
1. Declutter your hearts and home with a FUN Spring Cleaning Day!
Yes, I said fun! We can look at spring cleaning with dread, or we can choose to embrace newness and rebirth by cleansing our abode and showing generosity to others. The attitude you hold in this reflects to your husband and kids, so make it a joyful event!
Steps to motivate everyone:
- Meditate on these verses before you start: 2 Corinthians 5:17 Isaiah 43:18-19 Hosea 6:3
- Blast worship music or your family’s favorite genre (ours is Spanish salsa!)
- Put the baby in a carrier and assign older family members certain rooms. Make a friendly competition—the winners selected based off quickest completion and best quality work! Bake up or buy some cookies as a sweet incentive. Also see next step.
- Take before and after photos, either to judge the before mentioned idea, or to use next time you need encouragement to clean.
- Go as a family to donate unneeded items to Rescue Missions or homeless shelters.
2. Brighten your home with floral Scripture art (see FREE printable)!
Move from warm, dark winter hues with vibrant, nature-oriented decor! I absolutely adore flowers—and see them as one of God’s most delightful creations. Sometimes my husband and I venture out to local botanical gardens to enjoy the blossoms and blooms (usually a free or low-cost date idea!).
During these trips I take photos, and I’ve included a FREE floral printable of mine for you to print out and frame (see sign up at end of post).
I also love the Spring Collection from Dayspring, filled with decorations that both splash happy colors onto your walls and surround your family with God’s word. I recently received two crosses for review, and am thrilled to hang them up this Easter season!
She Is Clothed With Strength and Dignity Cross
This is inspiring for female family members and pretty piece to place in the kitchen to add to the floral theme of Spring. It has a very rustic, wooden plank texture, and would fit a more relaxed or country-themed space. You can buy this beauty for $15 bucks during their Spring Decor Sale, running until March 31!
Small Inspirational Wooden Chalkboard Cross
Usable in any season, for Spring I’m writing on this cross verses reflecting on Christ’s resurrection with flowers added in. As the title indicates, it is on the smaller side, so your writings will have to be short! A nice feature is its stand – you can place it anywhere and move it around as needed. Buy chalk and inscribe a message, and wipe with a wet cloth to remove. This versatile cross is only $5 in the same sale!
3. Finally, encourage others with hospitality this Lent and Easter season!
Too often we think hospitality has to be a fancy Pinterest feast, but this isn’t true! Hospitality can be as simple as inviting a young couple for brunch after church, hosting a game night with other families, or planning a BBQ with neighbors in the backyard.
Rather than let the prep for hospitality overwhelm you, remember that God has commanded to do it joyfully. It is a way to honor the Lord and share about Christ’s amazing sacrifice and resurrection with others!
Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. 1 Peter 4:9
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Romans 12:13
I hope these ideas can help you escape any winter doldrums and welcome the coming months with joy! Sign up for my newsletter below for more Christ-centered articles, DaySpring discounts and to access your FREEBIES.
Upon subscribing you will receive an email with a link to the FREEBIE library.